- Service2Fruit B.V. (Geldermalsen, The Netherlands)
- Paid employment
- 2017 – 2018
Briefly about FreshMonitor
Service2Fruit collects and stores all data about the hundreds of millions kilograms sold through their platform. FreshMonitor translates the data from Service2Fruit to real-time market information. Companies can purchase a subscription and use the market information for various goals, like their everyday trade, but also for their long-term strategies.
Since you have to pay to access FreshMonitor, I am unfortunately not allowed to show screenshots of the actual web application. The above screenshots are of FreshMonitor's landing page.
What I did
FreshMonitor was the first software project where I was involved in the process from scratch to market. I worked closely with the product owner to interview several invited end-users and document the functional requirements—providing technological expertise. I collaborated with two senior software engineers to design the software architecture and build FreshMonitor. Together with a colleague senior software engineer, I was responsible for the maintenance and deployment.
- Realised an average response time of less than 40ms by optimising SQL queries and retrieving data from the server asynchronously using Ajax.
- Automated the process of sending users an email before their subscription expires.
- Helped to implement a seamless integration with Service2Fruit's Trading Platform API.
- Helped to implement Mollie Payments and automated the process of starting and renewing FreshMonitor subscriptions.
- Helped to implement the presentation of data in interactive charts, using Highcharts.
- Helped to implement real-time data retrieval, using Pusher.
- Proposed and implemented the front-end.
- Tested the web application in various browsers and devices to ensure cross-browser compatibility and mobile responsiveness.
- Collaborated with two trade consultants to create a landing page, which provides information for potential new users.